Saturday, January 16, 2010

Intensive Spanish

This morning I woke up at 3:30 am to get ready to be picked up at 4 am. I needed to be at the airport in time for my 7:30 am flight. I had spent the last two weeks alone in Guatemala. My purpose was to get a refresher course in Spanish. I had been told that spending 4 months in the United States would set me back in Spanish and so I decided I wanted to do something to combat this. The last two weeks have been focused on learning Spanish. During this time, I spoke little English. I met daily with a teacher. I spent the majority of my time, in a small simple hotel room studying. So what happened? I leave so thankful that I did this. I feel like my ability in Spanish has taken a huge step forward. Right now, I am sitting on the plane. In about 40 minutes I will be in the Dominican Republic and I am excited to use what I have Iearned, and to continue learning.


Thank you for your prayer. Thank you to those who reached out to my family. They are in Minnesota and will join me in the Dominican Republic in a few days. It was difficult for us to be apart, but we all felt it was the best thing to do.


Also, thank you so much for your support to us while we were in the United States. Many of you reached out to us and shared our lives with us. We are overwhelmed by the acts of kindness and the love that has been shown to us. We were so blessed to be in so many of your homes. There were wonderful times of sharing God’s faithfulness. As we hoped to encourage you with our stories, we were blessed to hear your stories as well. How blessed we are to be children of a living God. Thank you!


No comments: