Monday, March 16, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

We are all different. In our family, we have found that we have different reactions to the same thing. Enjoy the following. It sheds a little more about our life here and how it is different.

Driving Rules

If there is a spot, take it.

Rick...AWESOME!!!!
Becky...God please HELP!!!

Bigger gets the right of way.

Rick...I need a bigger car and a bigger motercycle!!!
Becky.... [was unable to comment since she is still at an intersection waiting to make a turn]

Drive Offensively, but in a Defensive kind-of way

Rick...Ok
Becky...That makes no sense.

Living

No power, no water, no shower

Rick...A little more deodorant should do the trick
Becky...I have learned how to take a bath with only a bucket of water...a well developed skill!
Ben...no importa, I took a bath last week.
Elena...Just heat the water over the stove and I will be waiting.

If you can get away with it, do it.

All of us...NO!

Turn up the music in your house so you can hear it while you visit at your neighbors house a few blocks away.

Rick...what kind of music?
Becky...GRRRRRR!!! Glad I have a supply of earplugs!
Ben and Elena...refused to comment because they were too busy dancing merengue.

Having a housekeeper

Rick....another woman around the house to tell me to take my shoes off before I come in?
Becky....haven't cleaned a toilet in two years....WOOOHOOOO!
Ben and Elena....hot chocolate every morning and someone else makes my bed....couldn't be better. Oh, except we have to obey her just like Mom and Dad, shoot.

Water the dirt road in front of your house in order to lower the dust from cars and motos.

Rick...Precious water, what a waste, I need a shower!
Becky...Thank you.
Ben and Elena...Fun puddles to try to jump with my Bike
Becky...More laundry...UGH!!!

Pointing with your lips

Rick...How can I ever find something when people "point with their lips" GRRRRRR!!!
Ben and Elena...A mastered skill.

Cross Cultural living is not always fun but it is never boring!

No comments: