Monday, November 20, 2006

Thank you for Praying for my dad

About 2 weeks ago, my dad had a heart attack. I learned about this pretty quickly and I emailed those who are on our e-mail list to request prayer. My dad ended up have quintuple bypass surgery. We are so thankful to God, first that my dad made it to the hospital and second that the doctors completed a successful surgery. My dad didn't know the condition of his heart. Certainly the outcome could have been much different. We feel thankful to God that he has come through this.

He is at home recuperating. Mom's health seems to have rounded the corner after a couple years of an inflammatory condition with many complications. With the assistance of friends, family, and a visiting nurse they seem to be managing well.

Thank you for your prayers. While it was difficult to be here in Guatemala during this time, we could feel your support. The e-mails were an encouragement to us. And the knowledge that so many were in prayer, was overwhelming. Thank you.

Please continue to be in prayer for my dad recovery. As his doctor said, his recovery will be measured week by week. We know it will take some time.

No comments: